Wessex Supervets Fixtures Alliance “Playing regular friendly hockey”
Annual General Meeting
24.3.2012. 7.00 p.m. at The Cricketers, Bagshot.
Present: Epsom (Tim Tennent), Oxted (David Todd), Winchester (James Larcombe), Woking (Paul Bloomfield) and Wokingham (Rob Kenwrick).
Apologies: All other teams in the WSFA.
1. The successful year with Canterbury, Horsham and Sevenoaks was voted to be continued beyond the initial, experimental year.
2. To decline the request from Chelmsford H.C. to join in 2012-13, based on distance.
3. To accept Southampton Cockburns H.C. to join in 2012-13.
4. To design the fixtures 2012-13 on top half and bottom half of Alliance.
Based on end of season positions the top half will play each other twice and the bottom half will play each other twice. This was done successfully some years ago.
5. Results to be sent to James Larcombe and George Oliver as soon as possible by text or email, but in any event by 6pm on Sunday evening each week following the game.
6. Special thanks were recorded to George Oliver (Wokingham) for his creativity on the website.
7. Spreadsheet information to include all relevant names: emails, landline and mobile phone numbers.
This means Teams must send in all details for next season, including club colours and directions for home fixtures.
8. Please arrange matches somewhere earlier than 4.30 p.m. which is too late for long distance matches.
9. Rob Kenwrick tendered his resignation as Assistant Organiser to take effect from the end of the 2012 – 2013 season (unless someone wishes to take over the role beforehand. Many thanks to him for all his fantastic enthusiasm and attention to detail. This means the Committee is looking for someone to replace him.
10. AOB: Discussion on issues involving under age players affecting the result of a match. Notes about this sensitive topic will be re-circulated nearer the start of the next season.
11. Thanks to: Team Captains, Treasurers, Fixtures Secretaries, Grounds Staff, Paramedics, Tea Makers, Bottle Washers, Bar Staff, Wives and Partners who… have made it all happen.
12. Date of next AGM: Last Saturday of March 2013.
Since the AGM, Tim Tennent has stepped down as Spreadsheet Guru. We thank Tim for his long hours and patience in working out the whole programme of fixtures for many years. Another post to be filled; so don’t hold back from offering your IT expertise.